This report provides comparative data about Vermont hospital quality, patient satisfaction, pricing and financial information. In addition, it provides information about Brattleboro Memorial Hospital’s quality improvement initiatives, strategic initiatives, governance, and process for filing a complaint. To view this information, click on any of the topics below.
HOSPITAL QUALITY – RATINGS FOR THE PUBLIC
Explore Hospital Quality Ratings and Data for Vermont hospitals and health topics.
Deaths and Readmissions:
- How each hospital’s performance on the readmission and death (mortality) measures compares to the national rate.
- How recently-discharged patients responded to a national survey about their hospital experience. For example, how well did a hospital’s doctors and nurses communicate with patients and manage their pain?
Timely and Effective Care:
- How often and quickly each hospital gives recommended treatments for certain conditions like heart attack, heart failure, and pneumonia. This section also explores how facilities follow best practices to prevent surgical complications for common procedures.
This section provides information on infections that occur while the patient is in the hospital. Many healthcare-associated infections can be prevented when the hospitals use CDC-recommended infection control steps.
- Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infection
- Infection following Abdominal hysterectomy surgery
- Infection following Hip replacement surgery
- Infection following Knee replacement surgery
NURSING STAFF INFORMATION
Nursing Care Hours per Patient Days refers to the number of hours of nursing care provided on a hospital unit, compared to the number of patients on that unit during a 24-hour period. A higher number may indicate that a hospital provides a higher level of patient care.
FINANCIAL AND PRICING INFORMATION
This section provides information on Brattleboro Memorial Hospital’s:
- Budget summary
- Financial information and benchmarks
- Cost shift information
- Hospital spending
- Top 25 inpatient admissions and outpatient procedures and their hospital charges
- Physician and hospital charges for common outpatient diagnostic procedures and visits
Brattleboro Memorial Hospital
All Vermont Community Hospitals
Find Financial and Pricing Information for all Vermont community hospitals.
Find Discount and Free Care Policies for all Vermont community hospitals.
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT BRATTLEBORO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
- You can read about the Quality Improvement Projects we have undertaken to make patient care safer and more effective.
- Read about Strategic Initiatives to meet health care needs in our community and opportunities for public participation in strategic planning.
- Public participation:hospital governance section includes our public meeting schedule and contact information.
- We encourage the consumers to voice their complaints, concerns, or suggestions. Here is information about Hospital Complaint Process.