Daffodil Days Are Approaching
Daffodil Days are approaching – a wonderful sign of Spring and a way to promote hope for cancer patients. Daffodil Days is a fund raising effort to help raise money for different programs here at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital (BMH) as well as money for the American Cancer Society’s mission to save lives by eliminating cancer. The two major programs here at BMH that we offer our patients are the “Look Good, Feel Better” program and “Road to Recovery”. These programs are funded through Daffodil Days donations. The American Cancer Society provides rides to and from treatments for our patients here at BMH, helps to provide wigs and other products to help patients cope with the changes they endure while be treated. We are very blessed to offer these supportive programs to our cancer patients.
We will be asking for donations through the Daffodil Days promotion through March 2, 2012. Orders must be submitted with payment by March 2. Flowers will be delivered on March 21, 2012.
If you would like to participate in our drive this year, we are offering the following donation choices:
- Bouquets of 10 fresh-cut daffodils – $10 each
- Bear and a Bunch – $25 each (includes Shar N.Hope, a collectible 10″ special edition Boyds Bear and 10 daffodils)
- Potted daffodil bulbs – $15 each (3 multi-stem bulbs in a pot)
- Gifts of Hope – Start at $25 (Gift of Hope donations support the lifesaving research and programs of the American Cancer Society, and allow us to deliver daffodil bouquets to cancer patients in treatment centers.)
- Bear Hugs for Hope – $25 each (Your donation will help fund our programs and allow us to provide bears to children impacted by cancer.)
Orders can be made by cash, check (payable to American Cancer Society) or credit card. Order forms available in the BMH mailroom, at the information (lobby) desks throughout BMH and through the Oncology Department. Once you have made your choices, please forward your order to the Oncology Department along with your method of payment. You will be given/sent a receipt that can be used for tax purposes. Any questions please contact the Oncology Department at 802-257-8221.