If you enjoy mushrooms and seafood then this classic Baked Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe will knock your socks off.
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs minced celery
- 1 Tbs minced onion
- 1 Tbs minced red bell pepper
- 2 lbs mushrooms
- 1 cup oyster crackers – crushed
- 6 oz. cooked lobster meat – chopped
- 4 oz. cooked crab meat – picked over and shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs water
- 1/4 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2/3 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add minced celery, onion, and red bell pepper. Cook 2 minutes, until tender, then cool. Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop 3/4 cup of stems. Set mushroom caps aside.
In large bowl combine vegetable mixture, chopped stems, crushed oyster crackers, lobster meat, crab meat, 1/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese, egg, water, Old Bay Seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Grease two large jelly-roll pans. Brush mushroom caps with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and stuff with lobster-crab mixture. Arrange caps in prepared pans. Top with remaining 2/3 cup shredded white cheddar cheese.
Bake 12 minutes – until lightly browned. Makes about 50 mushrooms.
source: VT Living Magazine