Football season is officially upon us, and what goes better with a football game than Wings!?!At just 45 calories a ‘bite’ you can serve these appetizers with confidence knowing that they are guaranteed to be crowd pleasers, without throwing off your whole day!
- 1 cup Chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup Hot sauce
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 oz Fat free cream cheese, microwaved 30 seconds to soften
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- 24 Wonton wrappers
Optional: Additional mozzarella cheese for topping
- 24 Servings (1 per serving)
- 45 Calories per Serving
- 1 g Fat
- 5 g Carbohydrate
- 0 g Fiber
- 0 g Sugar
- 4 g Protein
- 1 WWP (Weight Watchers Points per serving)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet pan with foil or parchment paper (for easy clean up) and spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, hot sauce, mozzarella cheese, and seasoning.
- Add the shredded chicken and stir until well combined.
- Begin filling the wonton wrappers by placing about a tablespoon of filling in the center of each wrapper. You could use a little more or less, just try not to over-fill them, or the filling will ooze out the sides when you are baking them. To seal them shut, place your finger in the water…Then trace two of the corners with the water.
- Fold the wrapper in half to meet the two dry corners with the two wet corners. Press to seal the two sides together. (Note: the water acts like glue to seal the corners shut!)
- Continue filling until all of my wonton wrappers are filled. (Note: You may be able to fill even more than 24 wrappers depending on how much filling you use in each one!) When wonton wrappers are filled, give them a light spray with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese over the top of each one if desired.
- Lay buffalo chicken bites on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden brown. Enjoy with hot sauce, or light greek yogurt mixed with dry ranch seasoning!