A crisp, buttery gluten-free pie crust and traditional spicy pumpkin custard filling make this gluten-free pumpkin pie recipe the only one you’ll need to bake this Thanksgiving- everyone will enjoy this recipe.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin (not sweetened canned pumpkin pie mix)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon amaranth flour
- 2 lightly beaten large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated canned milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heavy, whipping cream for garnish (optional)
- 1 9-inch unbaked gluten-free pie crust (recipe link below)
Preheat oven to 400°F
- Combine all ingredients for pie filling in a large mixing bowl. Beat until mixture is smooth and blended, about 1 minute.
- Set the unbaked gluten free pie crust on a large baking sheet. Pour filling mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the pie comes out clean. Over baking can cause the top of the pie to crack.
- Garnish with fresh whipped cream, dusted with cinnamon sugar (optional).
Gluten Free Pie / Tart Dough Recipe
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.
Source: About.com gluten free recipes