It’s so rich tasting and creamy that you’ll wonder how this revised favorite can be guiltless.
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 1-ounce package fat-free, sugar-free vanilla instant pudding mix
- 8 ounces fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed in refrigerator
- 2/3 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 20 low-fat vanilla wafers, whole or crushed
- 2 medium bananas, thinly sliced
- In large mixing bowl, whisk or beat the fat-free milk and pudding mix until thickened.
- Fold in the whipped topping, milk, and lemon juice. Layer half the vanilla wafers, half the bananas, and half the pudding mixture in an 8-inch square glass baking dish. Repeat. Place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding. Refrigerate until needed.
Nutritional Analysis -Per serving
Calories Per Serving – 176
Total Fat – 1.5 g
Saturated Fat – 0.5 g
Trans Fat – 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat – 0.5 g
Monounsaturated Fat – 0.5 g
Cholesterol – 7 mg
Sodium – 257 mg
Carbohydrates – 37 g
Fiber – 1 g
Sugar – 23 g
Protein – 3 g
Dietary Exchanges – 2½ carbohydrates
This recipe is from the New American Heart Association Cookbook.