Open-Faced Prosciutto and Plum Sandwiches
Sweet fig preserves balance the tartness of the plums. Choose red or purple plums with bright, unblemished skin that are firm and plump to the touch.
- 1/4 cup fig preserves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) soft goat cheese
- 4 (2-ounce) slices country wheat bread, toasted
- 1 cup loosely packed arugula
- 2 ripe plums, cut into thin wedges
- 3 ounces very thin slices prosciutto
- Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- Spread 3/4 ounce cheese evenly over each bread slice; divide arugula, plum wedges, and prosciutto evenly over sandwiches. Drizzle each sandwich with about 1 tablespoon fig preserves mixture.
- Calories: 318
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 13.1g
- Carbohydrate: 45.5g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 689mg
- Calcium: 161mg