Add tons of flavor, not fat, to your next barbecue with this healthy, delicious dishes.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds extra-large shrimp, shelled and cleaned, tails on
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Pinch sugar
- 1 5-ounce package baby arugula
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, the smashed garlic cloves, the rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp; toss well. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Thread shrimp on skewers (if they’re wooden, soak in water 30 minutes prior to grilling) and discard marinade. Lightly mist grill with cooking spray. Grill shrimp until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Combine the minced garlic, sugar, and remaining olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Add the arugula, beans, and onion; toss to combine.
- Mound the salad on one side of a large platter and arrange the shrimp skewers alongside.
Nutrition facts per serving: 315 calories, 35g protein, 21g carbohydrate, 13g fat (1.9g saturated), 6g fiber