Scrambling for an easy and healthy special occasion dinner? Here is one that was just shared by a staff member at BMH, a recipe that was found on-line with a simple Google search.
Seared Scallops in Garlic Butter
Makes: 4 servings
Start to Finish: 20 mins
- 1 pound fresh or frozen sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives or parsley
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- Thaw scallops, if frozen. Rinse scallops; pat dry with paper towels.
- In a 12-inch skillet cook garlic in 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat for 30 seconds. Add the scallops. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until scallops turn opaque. Remove from skillet and transfer to a serving platter. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and wine to the skillet. Cook and stir to loosen any browned bits. Pour over scallops; sprinkle with chives and salt.
- Makes 4 servings
From the Test Kitchen
Variation Seared Shrimp in Garlic Butter: Prepare as above, except substitute 1-1/2 pounds fresh or frozen medium shrimp in shells for the scallops. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Cook shrimp in the butter and garlic for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque. Continue as above.