It’s not luck; it’s just an amazing Irish recipe. With this in the slow cooker by sunrise, you can bet to fill seats at the dinner table by sundown.
Prep 20 min. Cook: 9 hours
Yield: 5 Servings
- 6 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 corned beef briskets with spice packets (3 pounds each)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
- 4 cups water
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the potatoes, carrots and onion. Add briskets (discard spice packets from corned beef or save for another use). Sprinkle the brown sugar, sugar, coriander and peppercorns over meat. Pour water over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-11 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter. Thinly slice one brisket across the grain and serve with vegetables. Save the remaining brisket for Reuben Strata (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or save for another use.
Yield: 5 servings plus leftovers.
Nutritional Facts 5 ounces cooked corned beef with 1-1/4 cups vegetables equals 658 calories, 37 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 187 mg cholesterol, 2,175 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 38 g protein.
source: Taste of Home