Wagon Wheel Beef Soup
This simple, beefy recipe combines the flavors of your favorite chili and pasta dishes for a skimpy 223 calories per serving. Everyone will love this dish, especially kids and company; it’s the ultimate comfort food!
This recipe is diabetic, low calorie and low saturated fat.
- 2 1/4 cups (6 ounces) uncooked wagon wheel pasta
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 pound ground round
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 3 cups low-fat spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2 (14-ounce) cans less-sodium beef broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added kidney beans, undrained
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add meat and onion; cook over medium heat until meat is browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain.
- Return meat mixture to pan; add cooked pasta and remaining ingredients. Cook 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Calories per serving: 223
- Calories per serving: 0.0%
- Fat per serving: 4.2g
- Saturated fat per serving: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 0.0g
- Protein per serving: 17.1g
- Carbohydrates per serving: 29.2g
- Fiber per serving: 2.4g
- Cholesterol per serving: 29mg
- Iron per serving: 0.0mg
- Sodium per serving: 261mg
- Calcium per serving: 0.0mg