In 2007, The 1904 Legacy Society was established at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital to recognize those supporters who have constructed legacy gifts that will benefit Brattleboro Memorial Hospital at some time in the future.
“I have always believed that sharing with the community is an important part of my responsibility as a member of the community. It also gives me a sense of participation. I have been blessed in my life and the only way to say thanks to those who have supported me emotionally and financially is to leave a percent of my estate to people and institutions that mean a lot to me. Health care is such a major issue in today’s world and my contribution in the grand scheme of things is miniscule but I know that all the little bits of life make up a whole that is greater than the sum of the parts. I encourage anyone to include BMH in their will even if it is just a few dollars. Every dollar counts. No contribution is too small”. —-Anonymous—-
Individuals can become members of the society by making one of several types of planned gifts including but not limited to:
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Real Estate or Property Gifts
- Life Insurance, Pension or Profit Sharing Plans
Benefits of Membership
- Listing in the Annual Report
- Listing on The 1904 Legacy Society display which is exhibited during the weeks preceding and following Memorial Day.
- Invitation to The 1904 Legacy Society Luncheon with the President and CEO of BMH
- Invitation to the Annual Meeting, Corporator meetings, facility tours, and all other supporter/donor events