Care Managers at BMH meet with patients throughout their period of care to assess the patient’s needs. This assessment includes consideration of the financial, emotional, medical and psychosocial needs of the patient.
Based on this assessment Care Managers offer an array of services, which may include:
- Counseling and education with both patient and their family members on illness management strategies.
- Assessment of the need for referrals to community resources, and assistance in referrals to rehabilitation facilities if appropriate.
- Acquisition of certain resources to assist the patient in post hospital care.
- Assistance to the medical staff in determining the patient’s level of acuity.
- Collaboration with the patient’s insurance carrier to maximize coverage within insurance guidelines.
Michele Rowland, RN, LICSW, is the Executive Director of Care Management services, and can be reached by calling 802-257-8351. Michele and her team of three nurses/social workers collaborate in matching the patient’s needs to the expertise and experience of the staff member.