At Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, we believe in giving you the tools you need to maintain good nutrition and health and we’re here to work with you to achieve your health goals, whatever they may be.
What you eat is an integral part of wellness, healing, and disease prevention. No matter what stage you are in life, nutrition is one of the keys to keeping you healthy and active. At Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, we believe in giving you the tools you need to maintain good nutrition and health and we’re here to work with you to achieve your health goals, whatever they may be.
Making healthier food choices can lead to a longer, fuller life. Brattleboro Memorial Hospital’s dietitians can get you on the path to lowering your weight, eating more healthfully, and reducing your risk for chronic diseases.
BMH patient services include a wonderfully prepared restaurant style menu including a vegetarian menu, “comfort foods menu”, gluten free selections, freshly made salads, whole grain breads and pasta, delicious entrees, homemade soups, and daily baked muffins and desserts.
- Nutrition Services provides room service for patients in our Birthing Center.
- BMH Nutrition Department participated as a test site for Maine Coast Sea Vegetables (incorporating sea vegetables into patient menus).
- BMH Nutrition composts its produce and coffee grounds with a local farms.
- BMH Nutrition is a participating member in the Vermont Fresh Network Program and Windham Farm Fresh Network, PCS Greens Project and Who Fishes Matters.
- Food and Nutrition is pleased to announce a new line of hand made chicken pies and beef pies made with locally produced vegetables and sustainable meats.
- We have heard through the grapevine that our Maple View Café has the best clam chowder in Brattleboro – available every Friday.
The Maple View Café located on the ground level of the hospital not only serves meals to staff, patients, and their visitors, but is open to the public. The Café features daily specials at meal periods, including heart-healthy meals, vegetarian selections, freshly made whole wheat pizza, fresh deli selections, homemade soups, fresh salad bar and more..
- Maple View is open to the public for breakfast, daily from 6:30 – 9:15 AM. Lunch is served from 11:15 AM to 1:30 PM. Dinner is available in the Lobby Cafe until 6:30 PM.
- Vending machines are accessible all the time, including weekends, just outside the Maple View Café. The machines feature soft drinks and snack items including nuts, yogurt, and soups.
The Lobby Café is located in the main hospital lobby, it not only serves meals to staff, patients, and their visitors, but is also open to the public.
- Lobby Cafe hours are 7:45 AM – 6:30 PM, Monday -Friday
- Dinner specials from 4:30 PM -6:30 PM