This dish is great for a pregnant woman and her developing baby. It’s rich in protein and laced with vitamins A and C, folic acid, and magnesium.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Total time: 18 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- Half a large tomato or 1 plum tomato, diced
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs with milk. Add spinach and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over low to medium heat. Add eggs and swirl to coat bottom of pan. Let eggs set, about 2 minutes.
- Place cheese slices on one side of omelet. Gently fold other half over the top of the cheese. Press slightly. Allow cheese to melt, about 1 minute. Remove from pan, serve with whole wheat toast, and enjoy! (Makes 1)
Use as many of your favorite vegetables in this omelet as you like. You can also replace the Swiss cheese with another type of cheese that’s safe during pregnancy, like cheddar or American. (The CDC recommends that pregnant women avoid soft cheeses, even if they’re pasteurized.)