Delicious spaghetti squash is combined with basil, tomatoes, and cheese for a perfect and easy meat-free meal. Serve with extra shredded Parmesan cheese and crusty bread for a tasty everyday family dinner.
- About 3 cups cooked spaghetti squash (1 medium one)
- 2 large garden tomatoes sliced
- Kosher Salt
- Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Dried Basil, Dried Parsley for sprinkling
- 5oz of fancy shredded Mexican cheese blend (separated)
- Fresh Basil for Garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 11 x 9 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread about 1 cup of spaghetti squash on the bottom.
- Top with a layer of sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle with kosher salt and spices.
- Top with 1.5 oz of cheese.
- Add another layer of squash, then tomatoes, spices and cheese. Top with a final layer of squash.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Top with some fresh cut basil and cut into 6 serving sizes about 3×3 inches each.
Just to recap the layers are…
The little bit of cheese in between each layer acts like a glue holding everything together.
Approx Nutritional Information per serving
- Serving: 6
- Amt per serving: 3×3 square
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 4g
- Sat Fat: 3g
- Carbs: 9g
- Protein: 7g