These cute, colorful bites are incredibly easy and perfect for any spring or summer party. They totally satisfy at only 60 calories apiece.
Yield: Makes 16-20 stuffed strawberries
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, rinsed and pat dry
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Graham cracker crumbs, optional
- With a paring knife, cut off the strawberry stems. Cut around the inside of the strawberry, hollowing out slightly and creating a well for the cheesecake. (You can also do this with a small melon baller). Cut off a small portion of the pointy strawberry tip, so that each strawberry can stand. Place each on a large baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, with a standing or handheld electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy, about 2 minutes on medium speed. Place mixture in a pastry bag and pipe into each strawberry, adding a little extra to the top. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Optionally, sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top of each stuffed strawberry.
TIP: Don’t make more than 5 hours in advance, or your strawberries will sweat and may become a bit soggy.