Panettone Quick Bread
- 1 egg (Pete and Gerry’s)
- 2 egg yolks (Pete and Gerry’s)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons fiori di sicilia( King Arthur)
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour (King Arthur)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup dried fruit blend (King Arthur)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated organic lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons finely grated organic orange rind
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- To prepare bread, combine egg, yolks and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until thick and pale yellow. Beat in melted butter and fiori di siclila.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Using a wooden spoon, stir half the flour mixture into butter mixture. Stir in half the milk, then the remaining flour, then the remaining milk. Stir in, lemon rind and dried fruit blend. Use as a few strokes as possible to blend ingredients.
- Divide batter evenly between pans. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and fragrant. Cool in pans on a wire rack about 10 minutes. Remove from pans and place on rack to cool completely.