This salad blends creamy and tangy flavors. Avocados are a great source of good fats and vitamin E, a great skin moisturizer, and pink grapefruits pack a punch of vitamin C.
- 2 grapefruits
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head lettuce, butter or Bibb
- salt and pepper, if desired
- Carefully peel grapefruits using a large large. Remove all white pith.
- Over a large bowl, cut along the side of each membrane to release segments.
- Add avocados and onion and toss well.
- Spoon mixture over lettuce leaves.
- Top with olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice if desired.