What is a Community Health Team?
Through your Community Health Team (CHT), you now have a variety of skilled health care professionals available to assist you with the tools and support you need to reach your personal health goals. Based on your individual needs, they work with you to assess your situation, develop plans, and establish attainable goals that move you in the right direction, one step at a time.
When you receive your care at one of our nationally certified medical homes, you gain access to a wide range of integrated health care services. This is especially helpful if you need assistance managing a chronic health condition.
In addition to your overall health needs, your CHT can help you in many other areas, including: financial, insurance, emotional, educational, substance abuse, transportation, and/or physical assistance.
Who is the Community Health Team at BMH?
- Wendy Cornwell, RN, BS, BSN, Director Community Initiatives
- Amber Bettini, Medical Assistant (Just So Pediatrics)
- Richard Davis, RN, Care Coordinator, provides coordination for the complex and high risk patients in the Blueprint Practices and for SASH residents.
- Joan Bowman, Vermont Health Connect Navigator, make sure individuals, families and small businesses in Windham County understand their options and have access to the tools and resources needed to apply for health insurance.
- Heather Smith, LMHC Behavioral Health Specialist, provides cognitive behavioral health risk assessment and limited brief intervention for Blueprint patients and SASH residents.
- Terri Kneipp, Self-Management and Tobacco Cessation Coordinator, coordinates and teaches self-management and tobacco cessation classes.
- Gail Murray, LICSW, Social Worker, assists with social services and community resource support such as application assistance
- Carrie Quimby, RD, Dietician, provides nutrition education and support for people who wish to work on dietary changes.
- Nancy Schaefer, Health Coach, assists Blueprint patients and SASH residents with resources and skills to develop healthier habits and enhance self -management skills.
- Houghton Smith, RN, CDE, Diabetes Educator, provides education and support for people managing diabetes.
- Peg Canal Wittler, RD, CDE, Dietician and Diabetes Educator, provides nutrition education and support for people who wish to work on dietary changes.
The Community Health Team offers the following services:
- Chronic Disease Management
- Connection to Community and Financial Resources
- Diabetes Education
- Health Education
- Medication Management
- Mental Health/Substance Abuse Assessments and Brief, Client Centered Treatment
- Nutrition and Exercise Education and Counseling
- Weight Management
- And Many More!