What is a Community Health Team?
Through your Community Health Team (CHT), you now have a variety of skilled health care professionals available to assist you with the tools and support you need to reach your personal health goals. Based on your individual needs, they work with you to assess your situation, develop plans, and establish attainable goals that move you in the right direction, one step at a time.
When you receive your care at one of our nationally certified medical homes, you gain access to a wide range of integrated health care services. This is especially helpful if you need assistance managing a chronic health condition.
In addition to your overall health needs, your CHT can help you in many other areas, including: financial, insurance, emotional, educational, substance abuse, transportation, and/or physical assistance.
Who is the Community Health Team at BMH?
- Wendy Cornwell, RN, BS, BSN, Director Community Initiatives
- Pediatric Medical Assistant (Just So Pediatrics) Refers children and their families to needed community services.
- Care Coordinator, Helps get you services, manage meds, and works to make sure you are getting the care you need.
- Behavioral Health Specialist, provides cognitive behavioral health risk assessment and limited brief intervention for Blueprint patients and SASH residents.
- Self-Management and Tobacco Cessation Coordinator, coordinates and teaches self-management and tobacco cessation classes.
- Social Worker, assists with social services and community resource support.
- Health Coach and Dietitian Nutritionist – Teaches and shows you how to buy and cook affordable, healthy food. Also will help you make a diet that works for you. They will also make sure you have some great, easy exercise methods.
- Diabetes Educator, provides education and support for people managing diabetes.
- Dietician and Diabetes Educator, provides nutrition education and support for people who wish to work on dietary changes.
- To learn more about Cooking with Legumes, check out the links below:
The Community Health Team offers the following services:
- Chronic Disease Management
- Connection to Community and Financial Resources
- Diabetes Education
- Health Education
- Medication Management
- Mental Health/Substance Abuse Assessments and Brief, Client Centered Treatment
- Nutrition and Exercise Education and Counseling
- Weight Management
- And Many More!