2019 Heart Health Lecture Series
Join us for a FREE, two-part lecture series regarding heart health. Learn how to improve your cardiovascular health from local experts and enjoy heart healthy refreshments and take-home recipes. Register today, limited space available.
6pm – 7:30pm | BMH Brew Barry Conference Center | 17 Belmont Avenue, Brattleboro VT
Session 1 – Tuesday, February 5th
Women’s Heart Health with Johanna Murphy, FNP-C
- Maplewood Family Practice Nurse Practitioner Johanna Murphy speaks about how women can live heart-healthy lives.
Healthy Eating with Carrie Quimby, MOE, RD, CD
- BMH Registered Dietician Carrie Quimby shares tips for healthy food choices and what to look for in grocery stores and restaurants.
Session 2 – Tuesday, February 19th
Managing Medications with Meghan Monahan, PharmD
- BMH Pharmacist Meghan Monahan discusses prescription medications, their side effects, and how to reduce the risk of future health issues.
Exercise & Motivation with Jeff Harr, RCEP
- BMH Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation Coordinator Jeff Harr explains how to make time and stay motivated for simple fitness routines.
Relieving Stress with Casey Blust, PTA
- BMH Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation Assistant Casey Blust reviews physical, mental, and emotional benefits of stress management methods.
Healthy Hearts Start Here!
The Center for Cardiovascular Health (Cardiology) at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital offers a single point of service for patients in need of care during early or advanced stages of heart disease and vascular disease. The Center has two board-certified cardiologists, a vascular surgeon and a highly qualified professional staff that provide patients with superior service, from diagnosis to post-procedure recovery.
Along the way, we provide our cardiovascular patients with the resources they need to make well-informed decisions about their medical care and treatment. We realize that quality care largely depends on the relationships you form with your health care providers. You’ll find the cardiologists at the Center for Cardiovascular Health have the skills, knowledge and compassion to meet and exceed all your expectations.
Cardiology at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital encompasses a range of services from diagnosis to rehabilitation. Each year approximately 4500 tests are performed providing valuable information to aid in diagnosing heart disease of patients in our community. State-of-the-art diagnostic instruments are used by BMH cardiologists in consultation with BMH family practitioners and internists.