BMH Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine
Your hard work and play can take a toll on your muscles and skeleton.
At BMH Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine we take care of acute injuries and chronic conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system (i.e., bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, tendons, nerves). In addition to our three orthopedic surgeons, the practice offers also two physician assistants and a certified athletic trainer.
While most orthopaedic patients do not require surgery, surgical procedures are an integral part of the orthopaedic specialty, and an extensive array of procedures are commonly performed at BMH.
Commonly Performed Surgeries
- Total joint replacements (total hip, total knee, and total shoulder replacement), greater than 100 per year.
- Minimally invasive joint arthroscopy (knees, shoulder, elbow, wrist, ankle) approximately 300 a year.
- Fracture repair, over 200 a year.
- Hand surgery, (carpal tunnel syndrome, tendon repair), approximately 150 a year.
- Low back procedures – approximately 40 a year.