It’s that time of year where simple, easy-to-eat food is sometimes the best choice. These melon bites are refreshing and flavorful, not too complicated—perfect for a warm summer evening. More than a “recipe,” this is really a suggestion, you can change it up by adding different types of cheese, maybe drizzle a little balsamic reduction over them—go crazy, it’s summer after all.
Makes – 24 sticks
Active Time – 10 min.
Total Time – 10 min.
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 1 cucumber, halved and sliced into 24 pieces
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 24 pieces feta cheese, cubed
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper, for sprinkling
- Cut the watermelon in 2″ sections, then cut off the rind in an hexagon shape.
- Cut the melon into 2″ long strips, then cut those, leaving you with about 24 2″x2″ squares.
- Put a piece of cucumber on each square, then skewer an olive and a cube of feta with a toothpick before sticking the toothpick through the cucumber and watermelon.
- Crack some salt and pepper over the top and sprinkle with some crushed red pepper.