Support Services Training Program
About the Program
BMH is partnering with the Community College of Vermont and the Vermont Department of Labor to offer a FREE Support Services Training Program. Participants will be trained in hospital housekeeping and infection prevention and upon successful completion of the program, will be eligible for direct hire with BMH.
The program includes the first three weeks of classroom training with three days per week at CCV.
Weeks 4 – 9 will be an onsite VDOL-funded work experience at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital with up to 20 hours per week of work.
In addition to the work experience there will be one day per week on week’s 4-9 of classroom time at CCV. Work experience days/hours will be matched with participant and hospitals need.
- There is a maximum of 15 students accepted into this program.
- All participants in the program will need to clear a criminal background check as well as a drug screening. In addition, they will need to be up to date on BMH required immunizations.
- Participants will need to be over the age of 18 but a high school diploma is not required.
- All participants must be VT Department of Labor WIOA eligible and VSAC non-degree grant eligible.
- All participants that successfully complete this training will be eligible for direct hire with BMH.
Applications are due to the Vermont Department of Labor’s Career Resource Center by Friday, September 6, 2019. Program begins October 7, 2019.
To learn more, come to the info session at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital on Thursday, August 15th from 3pm – 4:30pm.
How to Apply
Vermont Department of Labor’s Career Resource Center
28 Vernon Street, Suite 212
Brattleboro, VT 05301
Monday – Thursday: 7:45am – 4:30pm
Friday: 9:45am – 4:30pm
(Closed for Lunch 12:15pm – 1:00pm)
Career Resource Center: (802) 254-4555
If applicant is over 25 years old, contact:
Kathryn Knaeble: Kathryn.Knaeble@vermont.gov
If applicant is ages 18-24, contact:
Ed Merrill: Edward.Merrill@vermont.gov