This is the time of year when people everywhere are encouraged to focus on their cardiovascular health.
In 2024 we wish to place special emphasis on women, and to raise awareness that 1 in 3 women are diagnosed with heart disease annually.
The good news is that in most cases, heart disease is preventable when people adopt a healthy lifestyle. That includes:
- not smoking
- maintaining a healthy weight
- controlling blood sugar and cholesterol
- treating high blood pressure
- getting at least 150 minutes of moderate intensity
physical activity each week
- getting regular checkups.
BMH’s Center for Cardiovascular Health is a trusted heart health resource that offers a single point of service for patients in need of care during early or advanced stages of heart disease and vascular disease.