THE GOAL of the Brattleboro Memorial Hospital Planned Giving Advisory Council is to develop and strengthen relationships between Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and planned giving professionals in the region, to increase the understanding of the mission of Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and its need for philanthropic support, and to foster legacy gifts to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital.
Brattleboro Memorial Hospital Planned Giving Advisory Council will assist Brattleboro Memorial Hospital in achieving its goal of increasing the number of planned gifts to the hospital. Council members, individually and collectively, can accomplish this mission by:
LEARNING about and experiencing the programs of Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and serving as an ambassador for the hospital in the community.
RECOGNIZING charitable planning opportunities to benefit the hospital.
SHARING experience and expertise in planned giving matters with the Development staff of Brattleboro Memorial Hospital.
- Estate Planning Attorneys
- Tax Attorneys
- Financial Planners
- Trust Officers
- Certified Public Accountants
- Investment Managers
- Insurance Professionals
- Other Interested Allied Professionals
- Referral Network
- Professional Exposure
- Professional Networking Opportunities
- Inside View of BMH and its Strategic Priorities
Members should be willing to meet the following criteria:
- Attend the twice yearly Planned Giving
Advisory Council meetings.
- Assist in identifying and nurturing those individuals capable of making a planned gift to BMH.
- Assist BMH in successfully implementing its planned giving program.
- Provide occasional consultation to BMH.
- Give personal philanthropic support to the Annual Fund, become a member of The 1904 Legacy Society, or support a special event.
The Planned Giving Advisory Council is a self-perpetuating body. The Chairman of the Council is chosen by a committee composed of the current Chair of the Planned Giving Advisory Council, the Director of Development, the Vice President of Finance at BMH, and the Chair of the Development Committee.