Planned Giving Advisory Council
THE GOALS of the Brattleboro Memorial Hospital Planned Giving Advisory Council (PGAC) are to:
- Develop and strengthen relationships between Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and planned giving professionals in the region
- Increase understanding of Brattleboro Memorial Hospital’s mission and its need for philanthropic support
- Foster legacy gifts to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital.
Brattleboro Memorial Hospital PGAC will assist Brattleboro Memorial Hospital in achieving its goal of increasing the number of planned gifts to the hospital. Council members, individually and collectively, can accomplish this mission by:
- LEARNING about and experiencing the programs of Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, and serving as a hospital ambassador in the community.
- RECOGNIZING charitable planning opportunities that can benefit the hospital.
- SHARING experience and expertise in planned giving matters with Brattleboro Memorial Hospital’s Development staff.
Where PGAC Members Come From:
Members shall be chosen from the following groups, taking into consideration the geographic make-up of the committee:
- Estate Planning Attorneys
- Tax Attorneys
- Financial Planners
- Trust Officers
- Certified Public Accountants
- Investment Managers
- Insurance Professionals
- Other Interested Allied Professionals.
Benefits of PGAC Membership:
- Expand Referral Network
- Gain Professional Exposure
- Participate in Professional Networking Opportunities
- Get an Inside View of BMH and its Strategic Priorities.
PGAC Member Responsibilities:
- Attend the twice yearly Planned Giving Advisory Council meetings.
- Assist in identifying and nurturing individuals capable of making a planned gift to BMH.
- Assist BMH in successfully implementing its planned giving program.
- Provide occasional consultation to BMH.
- Give personal philanthropic support to the Annual Fund
- Become a member of The 1904 Legacy Society (or support a special event).
The Planned Giving Advisory Council is a self-perpetuating body. The Council Chair is chosen by a committee composed of the current PGAC Chair, the Director of Development, BMH’s Vice President of Finance, and the Chair of the Development Committee.