Having warm soup is the perfect end to a cold winters day.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (You can use olive oil if you don’t have it)
- 2 large sweet onions
- 2 red onions
- 1 cup good quality red wine (one you would drink)
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 32 oz (1 carton) beef broth
- Heat a soup pot over medium heat and add the butter and oil.
- Slice one of the onions as thinly as possible, add them to the pot and sprinkle a little salt.
- Repeat with each onion, layering them with a pinch of salt in the pot.
- Once finished, stir them all together and let them slowly cook over medium to medium-low heat for at least 1 hour, stirring about every 20 minutes. After an hour the onions will have reduced and darkened in color.
- Roughly chopped the mushrooms and add to the onions with the 1 cup of wine.
- Let the mushrooms and wine cook down for about 10 minutes before adding the beef broth.
- After adding the beef broth, bring everything to a boil and then lowered to a simmer until ready to serve.
- You could eat it as is or add some cubed bread and top with a slice of cheese melted under the broiler.
- Servings: 10
- Amt per serving: 1 cup
- Calories: 90
- Fat: 3g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 5g
- Sat Fat: 2g
- Carbs: 9g
- Protein: 3g