Maplewood Hours, Appointments, and More
- Office hours are by appointment only. Whenever possible we have same day appointments available. Your call may be directed to a member of the nursing staff so that we can better understand your needs and provide assistance.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for your appointment to allow enough time to complete any necessary paperwork and update your insurance information.
- If you are unable to keep an appointment, please call as soon as possible to reschedule or cancel. We request at least 24-hour notice, and in consideration of others, patients who repeatedly miss appointments without notice may be limited in their ability to schedule future appointments.
If you have an urgent medical problem after office hours, please call your primary care office. The answering service will contact the provider on call, who will be back in touch with you as soon as possible. If you have not been called back after 30 minutes, please call the answering service again.
Electronic Medical Records
BMH Medical Group uses a centralized electronic medical record (EMR). An EMR is an important tool to improve the quality of your care by having the right information available to your provider. Our electronic medical record meets all State and Federal requirements. Individual access to medical records is limited to those within the BMH Medical Group who are involved in your care. Access is monitored to assure your privacy and confidentiality is protected.
In the event of a medical emergency, please go to the BMH Emergency Department or dial 911 for an ambulance. Give the Emergency Department the name of your primary care provider and they will make sure that your provider’s office receives all of the information from your Emergency Department visit.
Fees and Insurance
- We are preferred providers with most insurance companies. If you are unsure if we accept your insurance plan, please call the insurance company before your appointment.
- Please bring your insurance card with you to your appointments. As a courtesy to you, we will bill your insurance company. All co-payments required by your insurance are due at the time of service. Our offices are able to accept cash, checks, Master Card and Visa.
- We offer Financial Assistance to those who qualify. Please call 802-251-8494 for information and an application.
We are committed to meeting your communication needs. Due to the complexity of medical language, we maintain a specialized interpreter service for patients for whom English is not their primary language. We also offer ASL interpreters for those who are deaf or hard of hearing. If you need interpreter services, please let us know.
Prescriptions and Refills
- Please be sure to bring a list of the medications you are taking with you to your visit and request any refills at the time of your visit.
- Please bring your prescriptions with you to your annual wellness visit (physical).
- We are only able to refill prescriptions for established patients.
- If you are in need of a prescription refill between office visits, please call the office with your name, the name of the prescription to be refilled, and the pharmacy you would like us to call. Allow two (2) business days to process your request.
You will be notified of all lab and x-ray results by phone or mail. If you have an appointment scheduled shortly after your test, your provider will go over the results with you during your office visit. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of your test, please call the office.