Each February since 1963, Americans have taken time to focus not just on heart disease, but on heart health. That’s because it’s a great time to increase awareness about cardiovascular health and adopt or expand on habits that are good for your heart. The cardiologists at BMH prescribe the following steps to anyone who wants to work toward having a healthier happier heart:
- Enjoy a healthy diet with more fruits and vegetables and less sodium and carbohydrates.
- Move your body more…and sit less!
- Quit smoking.
- Discuss your family history of heart disease with relatives and loved ones–your family health history is part of your health history.
- Make an honest assessment of your drinking habits and consider cutting back or eliminating your alcohol intake.
- Set up that overdue healthcare appointment today. Your providers are looking forward to seeing you and helping you achieve better health.