What to Bring to the BMH Birthing Center
We’ll provide you with the basics. But you may want to bring the extras.
- Your birth preferences or plan to let staff know what’s important to you
- Comfy PJs or clothes to labor in – we also have an endless supply of hospital gowns
- Pillow from home
- A playlist and something to play it on
- Massage oils and/or aromatherapy scents
- A focal point, like a picture, stuffed animal, or bouquet of flowers
- Breast pump
- A list of phone numbers and a phone card, if you don’t have a cell phone
- A cell phone charger, if you do
- Comfy PJs and clothes to go home in – you can’t wear our hospital gowns home
- Going home outfit and receiving blanket for baby, plus warm blankets if it’s cold out
- Car seat – call your pediatrician for information about getting it fitted to your vehicle
- Special toiletries, beauty products, makeup
For Your Partner/Support Person
- Toothbrush and toiletries
- Comfy PJs and a change of clothes
- Swim suit or trunks for supporting you in the shower and tub
Please DO NOT Bring
- Large amounts of money
- Valuable jewelry
- Anything you would be sad to lose.
We are not responsible for damaged or lost items.