Putney Family Healthcare is a nationally recognized Patient Centered Medical Home
A patient-centered medical home is a model of care in which a team of health professionals work together to provide all of your health care needs. We use technology such as electronic medical records to communicate and coordinate your care and provide the best possible outcomes for you. You, the patient, are the most important part of a patient-centered medical home. When you take an active role in your health and work closely with us, you can be sure that you’re getting the care you need.
Who is on the patient-centered medical home care team?
Your primary care provider leads your care team, which may include specialized doctors, nurses, health educators, and other health care professionals such as pharmacists or physical therapists. Our team acts as “coaches” who help you get healthy, stay healthy, and get the care and services that are right for you. You, of course, are at the center of your care team.
How does a patient-centered medical home benefit me?
In a patient-centered medical home, we:
- Are available when you need us. You can communicate with us easily and efficiently and get appointments quickly.
- Know you and your health history. We know about your personal or family situation and can suggest treatment options that make sense for you.
- Help you understand your condition(s) and how to take care of yourself. We explain your options and help you make decisions about your care.
- Help you coordinate your health care – even if we are not the ones giving you the care. We will help you find specialists, get appointments, and make sure specialists have the information they need to care for you.
- Use technology such as electronic medical records and share records to help prevent medical errors and to make sure that we are always on the same page.
Office Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (Monday – Friday). If you have an urgent medical problem after office hours, please call 802-387-5581. The answering service will contact the provider on call, who will be back in touch with you as soon as possible. If you have not been called back after 30 minutes, please call the answering service again.
For non-urgent issues you can reach out to Zak Belletete, director of Primary Care, 802-275-3675