BMH Strategic Initiatives:
Other Opportunities for Public Participation with BMH Include:
- Serving as Corporators –150 community members who comprise the Corporators are invited to the annual meeting of BMH and our parent corporation. Corporators also serve on various Hospital committees including the Planning Committee, which oversees the creation and implementation of the strategic plan.
- Board membership and Board responsibility to represent community interests in decision making. The BMH Board is comprised of 10 voting members, all of whom are community residents with no other affiliation to the Hospital.
- Active involvement of volunteers who assist with many aspects of hospital work and who provide ongoing feedback to hospital managers.
- BMH relies on patient satisfaction surveys that gather extensive feedback on hospital services from inpatients, Emergency Department patients, Rehabilitation Services patients, and all other hospital outpatients (radiology, laboratory, oncology, cardio respiratory etc.). We use the scores and patient comments to improve our services.
- Monthly Blueprint Clinical Planning Group meetings with key community leaders and organizations. BMH engages in multiple partnerships and contractual working agreements with the Brattleboro Retreat, Grace Cottage Hospital, and Health Care & Rehabilitation Services of Vermont.
- Community Health Needs Assessments
For more information about public participation events, you may contact Gina Pattison, Director of Development & Marketing at 802- 257-8314 or email@example.com.